Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quick diet update...

Today there is a bit better news on the weight loss front......

Hubby lost 1.1kgs bringing his total to 4.7kgs
I lost 400 grams bringing my total loss back to 2.2kgs

Don't you love it how men seem to just do things so effortlessly.   Over the last couple of days hubby had gained 700 grams so today he loses that plus another 400 grams,,,,,me on the other hand had gained 1.1kgs and lost 400 grams lol grrrrrrrrr, I threw him daggers this morning I tell you!!!

Today for breakfast we again had the Vitabrits with banana, almonds and milk.
Lunch will probably be a Tuna Melt today.
Dinner will be a burger made with the leanest mince I could find and a few oven baked sweet potato fries, yummy.

I am going to drop the snack out of my diet for a few days and just stick with 1200 calories just till I get back on track and try and find a happy medium that my body likes.  I also realised last night that if we had only been weighing weekly, we wouldn't have even realised that we had gained that weight and probably by the end of the week we would have been showing a loss on the scales anyway.  I mentioned this to Mr17 and he said "yeah but it's an interesting experiment don't you think???" lol, yep that it is my son, that it is!

3 comments:

Tania said...

Hi Colleen, glad to hear you may be back on track. Weight loss does that, it fluctuates up and down, depending on different things like fluid and whether you have been to the toilet etc lol...

With the burgers, it is not only the meat you have to worry about with calories, but the rolls if you are using them and cheese...calorie king is a good resource/website for tracking calories, just type in the food and it brings up the calories for you. One white bread roll contains 179cal and (748kj). Cheese is 69cal/serving(25gms)and that's low fat cheese! 102cals in the ordinary cheese. Wow!

With my 1200 Calories a day I divided it like this: 300 calories for each meal and 150 each for two snacks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon...adds up to 1200.

Good luck!

x

Niki Jones said...

Keep going your doing good.
Your inspiring me to eat healthy.
Niki

Joolz said...

Do you use Annette Sym's Symply Too Good To Be True books? They have everyday recipes which have been adapted to take out sugar and fats without taking away the taste. I'm sure your boys would like some of the recipes (macaroni beef!) etc.

Cheers - Joolz