Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 2 of the Health and Fitness Regime - 1st day results

Well here we are half way through day 2 of our regime as my Hubby is calling it.  As mentioned yesterday, there is no extra exercise thrown in this week, which gives us time to adjust to our Flat Belly Diet.

Lunch yesterday consisted of Lean Ham, Cherry Tomatoes and a slice of Lite Cheese.  The fact that there were no sesame seeds made me very happy lol.

Dinner last night was Fish, Green Beans and Sweet Potato.  This was really yummy.

The snack for the day which we chose to have for Supper simply because afternoons are just so busy here that we don't really get time to worry about snacking, was a Blueberry Smoothie.  Normally for us a smoothie would include either yoghurt or icecream but sadly that obviously isn't allowed at the moment lol.  Our smoothie consisted of Blueberries, Skim Milk and,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,you guessed it,,,,Sunflower Seeds lol.  We could have eaten the sunflower seeds as a little side dish but I just can't stand them so I chose to blend them up into the Smoothie.  Their taste shone through unfortunately but it was tolerable.

Hubby and I did our weigh in this morning (I'm still not wrapped with the idea of a daily weigh in but Mr17 wrote it into his contract so now we have to just get on with it lol).  So the results for the first day are......

Hubby lost 2.0 kgs
I lost 1.0 kgs

Naturally this is just water loss but right now it is a start in the right direction at least.

For the beginning of Day 2 we had VitaBrits with milk and pineapple pieces and the now familiar sunflower seeds.  We were happy that the pineapple somewhat masked the taste of the seeds!  Lunch today was steamed carrots, tuna and a slice of cheese.

I have decided that Anti Bloat part of the diet is doable except for the breakfasts, they suck lol.

Tonight's meal is grilled Chicken Breast, Mushrooms and Rice and we will have a Pineapple Smoothie for our Snack.

Hubby is keeping a tally of how far we are into our Diet Regime,,,,this is Day 2/182 days.  He actually even worked out how many meals he has to go through before he can have a serve of hot chips again lol.

3 comments:

Niki Jones said...

I reckon the diet sounds quite do-able. I love smoothies & yep I love Sunflower seeds too. Ha. Yay on the 1kg water or not I'd take that at the moment. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been. Scary. My energy levels & stress level seem to be preventing me from doing anything about it.
niki

OurGangof7 said...

Awww Niki I feel your pain, I truly do. I have been feeling stressed out and severely lacking in energy as well. I keep saying to Hubby that I honestly feel like I have aged about 20 years in the last few months. My whole body aches and I feel the most lethargic I have ever felt in my life. I sincerely hope that this diet regime can change me for the better!!
I too, am the heaviest I have ever been and I hate it.
Chin up,,,,it can only get better right.

Carole said...

Nice post. You might like to look at how I do cheese snacks. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/cheese-and-crackers.html