Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 4 health and fitness - last day of sunflower seeds - yayayay lol

Day 4.....the last day of the Anti Bloat part of the Flat Belly Diet.  Although I am glad to be through this part which is only based on a 1200 calorie a day diet, we now have choices in what we decide to eat and that seems to make life more complicated lol.  I think we will have to sit and actually write up a meal plan.  The Flat Belly Diet book gives you many recipes you can mix and match.  Each meal is now approx 400 calories each.  You can mix and match as much as you like and if there is something that you don't like you can swap it for something else within the same food/calorie group.  Coming up with meals for the kids as well is what makes it complicated.  Some things we can tweak and make into a family meal but others, well I can see we will be cooking two completely different meals which I hate to do.

Results for yesterday weren't as impressive as previous days, but I was expecting that.

Hubby's weight loss for Day 3 was - 300grams bringing his total loss to 3.3kgs
My  weight loss for Day 3 was - 200 grams bringing my total loss to 1.8kgs.

I remember last year that this was the point that my weight loss seemed to come to a halt lol, while hubby's kept going.  I'm hoping this year will be a little different!  I guess this year we are committed to seeing this whole thing through for a full 6 months so I will just have to keep going and keep trying as best I can.  We are doing the Flat Belly Diet for 4 weeks and then we may move to a different diet or we may just follow a healthy eating approach, Mr17 hasn't quite worked that one out yet lol.

Today breakfast was VitaBrits with sunflower seeds and sultanas and lite milk.
Lunch was turkey with steamed carrots and cheese
Dinner will be chicken breast with zucchini and rice
Our snack for today is a Strawberry smoothie (am hoping this will cover the sunflower seed taste lol, the peaches in the smoothie yesterday weren't too bad, I actually enjoyed that one!)

Will be back tomorrow,,,,,fingers crossed for at least another 200 gram loss!!

No comments: