Monday, May 2, 2011

ANZAC CAKE - This cake is really good, I mean REALLY GOOD!!

This is a cake that I have made many times.  It is a regular on our menu as everyone enjoys it.  I have made it and frozen it in pieces for the kids for school recess which works out well, even after freezing it tastes and looks just like it did straight out of the oven.  But the whole family agrees that there is nothing like it with the icing on it, the icing truly makes this cake.  This is a recipe I have had for years, and I don't remember where I got it from (like most of my recipes lol....I really should start noting where the recipes come from shouldn't I!!)





I should have photographed a slice of this cake to show how moist and delicious it looks, but it has been devoured now so maybe next time lol.  My mouth is watering just looking at the picture!!  Okay here is the recipe,,you just have to try it, I know you will love it!!!

ANZAC CAKE

½ C golden syrup
125g butter
2C Self Raising flour
½ C castor sugar
½ C coconut
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1C milk

ICING
60g butter
1t honey
1t vanilla
1 ½ C icing sugar
1T hot water

Combine syrup and butter in pan, stir over heat until smooth.  Combine sifted flou, sugar and coconut in bowl, add syrup mixture and mix well.  Using an electric mixer gradually beat in combined eggs and milk.  Pour mixture into a greased 20x30cm pan and cook at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.

ICING
Combine butter, honey and vanilla in a bowl.  Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar and water until smooth.  Spread over cooled cake.

No comments: