Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh My,,,,,I think I need to show a little restraint.......am I a Craft pattern Hoarder??? lol

Oh boy, you won't believe how I filled in the hours last night........with Hubby away for work until tomorrow night and the kids snuggly tucked up in bed for the night, I sat on the lounge flicking channels.  Nothing took my interest so I decided to plug in the laptop and have a little internet surf.  I went onto Quicksales which is an Australian version of Ebay.  I thought I would just take a peek at some crafty things.  Oh man!  Big Mistake!!

I stumbled across a seller who has oodles and oodles of craft magazines and craft patterns up for sale.  I sat there for a good while adding things to my "wish list",,, the result was approx $450 worth of crafting goodies.  Today I have filtered through them all and been "tough" with myself and got it down to $185 worth.

Hubby would freak and I hate to think how much the postage would be on that lot!!  But I soooo want them lol.  I mean its not like I don't have anything here to do,,,,my last count of crafting want to dos was 280 odd items.  But I cannot quite literally get these books out of my head.  I might just show them to hubby when he comes home and see if he will let me at least get a few,,,,I know it is going to be so hard to choose just a few but I just have a severe case of the "I wants" right now!!!! lol

I so want to find the time to get back into my crafting like I used to be when my eldest son was a baby.  I always had some little thing on the go but now life just seems very hectic and time slips away too fast.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and I will let you know how my persuasion techniques pan out with Hubby lol

5 comments:

MaryFran said...

I have come to the realization that I have an addiction to crafts things..I love to buy books and patterns and such!

OurGangof7 said...

Thank you for showing me I am not the only one lol!!!

Patti~~~ said...

I used to be SUCH a crafter!! I created scrapbooks and made tons of "country crafts". I also collected handmade quilts and wood sculptures. I'm not sure where I found either the time to create or the money to purhcase back then, but I certainly managed!!

When we moved back to northern California in 2004, I sold/gave away all those things, except the family scrapbooks, of course. I've become a bit of a minimalist, so I'm really not into the whole craft thing at present---thank goodness for that because, with our tight budget, I'd be sorely disappointed!!

Good luck to you in persuading the hubs!! Happy crafting!!

Patti

OurGangof7 said...

Thanks Patti,,,,would you believe after all that time I spent whittling down my list, I didn't end up buying anything lol.

I decided that I really couldn't afford it and I really didn't need it as I have more than enough on my "wish list" to do as it is. I am trying to declutter the house and all I would have been doing is adding to it. I will stick with what I have and try to shut my eyes to new ideas lol.

Anonymous said...

I would hate to admit how much yarn I have hidden around my house..and believe me I am always knitting and crocheting. Just embrace it...the first step is admitting we have a problem..the second is telling them they can have my yarn when they pry it out of my cold dead hands..lol

Judy