Friday, November 4, 2011

My second Crochet Project is complete - A Scarf for Xmas for my Girl

The colour that looks blue in the pic is actually a dark purple  (I just noticed I have a little trimming to do in the tassel department too lol)
 
Wow can you believe it,,,,,I actually managed to finish a project in 11 days from start to finish lol I am amazed.  Now I know I won't ever win any speed races with my crochet but it gives me something constructive to do while I am watching TV with Hubby at night time.

I don't know if it is my age or what it is but lately I feel the need to be always "doing" something.  I can't just sit and watch TV I have to be occupying my brain at the same time.  Even riding in the car, I feel that I need to do something, I have trouble just sitting idle lol.

I love the way crochet seems to grow quite quickly.  I taught myself to knit a few years ago but I found that since I was quite slow at it, it just didn't seem to progress very fast and I got bored with the project before I was even half way through it.  Crochet on the other hand, well I think crochet ROCKS!!!!  I love how even me as a beginner can get things done fairly quickly.  At the end of each session you can see progress and to me that is amazing!

This scarf is from a pattern out of my Art of Crochet collection.  I made it with wool left over from my recent blanket.  They are colours that my stepdaughter, Miss12 loves so I have decided that this will go towards her Christmas or possibly her birthday present list.  I hope she likes it!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work, great colours Im sure she will love it!

Patti~~~ said...

Love the scarf! I'm sure your daughter will love it, too. I don't know too many folks who crochet anymore, but I still have a crocheted afghan that a dear friend made for a wedding gift way back in 1986---very dear to my heart.

I have been wanting to learn to knit lately, but I'm so intimidated by the process---I have been known to be a tad clumsy and uncoordinated. I just need to DO IT!!

Blessings, Patti