Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gone at the speed of light

Here I sit wondering how the time as flown since my last post.  We have seen Christmas and the New Year fly by so fast!!  The kids only have another couple of weeks of school holidays and I really, really don't want them to go back to school (did I say that??? lol).  Now normally school holidays seem to drag on and I have way to many "I'm Bored" whines coming from the kids.  Well these school holidays they have been different.  Maybe they are just older and more content to stay home varying between Xbox, Wii, Board games, bike riding and general mucking around I don't know.  For me these holidays have been one of guilt and frustration at not being able to afford to really do anything with them.  So far in the 4.5 weeks they have been home we have gone out for dinner for Mr14's birthday, taken a trip down to Horseshoe Bay near Victor Harbor for a day and that is about it.  The rest of the time they have been home "just filling in time".  I feel terrible about that.  To make matters worse, I have been absolutely clueless as to what to do with them.  The weather has been warm, a little too warm to do much outside (doesn't help that I hate the heat!!).


This year I really want to stop procrastinating and JUST DO stuff.  There is so much we want to achieve and I have been feeling overwhelmed and swamped by it all for almost two years now.  I think I try to do everything and be everything for everyone and somewhere I have lost sight of the true meaning of life and how to just get on with the things that make life enjoyable (I know I probably don't make sense do I lol).

The kids are growing up way too fast and I feel like I'm somehow not making the most of their childhoods.  I have no I idea what I am really trying to say today so think I will just end it there and hope that someone, somewhere can make some sense of it all.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Thankyou so much for stopping by, I'll be sure to return the favour!
Fiona.
PS. I know exactly what you mean when you say the kids are growing too fast, and we just don't make the most of their childhoods.