Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stealing from Charities...how low can some people go????

While we were out on the weekend we drove past some charity op shops and saw to my horror two cars parked there, the people loading them up with bags of donated goods that had been left for the op shop. They were even ripping open some bags to see what was inside and taking what they liked.

Now I like most people, realise that this happens, I'm not quite that naive lol to think it doesn't, but to actually see them in action I was disgusted. They had station wagons and the backs were full of bags. They were just getting ready to leave as we drove past them, their stash complete.

How can people do that???? Charity shops are there for a reason and people donate to them in good faith that they are doing the right thing.

I made a promise to myself when I saw this happening that I would only be donating directly into the stores from now on. I won't even place things in the bins, as it wouldn't surprise me if they had been reaching in there too.

I sell my unwanted goods online like many people do, but now it makes me wonder when I am buying second hand goods, where they actually come from.....particularly when people have a lot of varying sizes etc listed. By buying second hand, even from garage sales, are we just aiding and abetting these criminals????

I really don't know why I am so shocked, but I think it was to see them there doing it in broad daylight in a very public spot that got to me. Some people have a real nerve!!!

No comments: